20050724

Compiling a list of error

Ok, SBBS is a multi-platform package. Compiled versions are available for Windows, but due to its nature, Linux handles source code distributions much more effectively. So, I used a program called CVS (Current Version System) to obtain a copy of the source from the Synchronet CVS repository. Things went well. I discovered that the standard Ubuntu is missing some compiler components. After installing them, I was able to successfully execute make and begin the process of building the executable. However, Ubuntu is missing the curses.h include files, so I cannot compile all the way through. (It does, however, have a curses.so, so I think this may only be a distro related issue.) I will be searching for a solution to this issue and get back to you.

P.S.

If anyone else out there has a solution to this issue, please let me know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home